Your fellow OEA members have a lot planned for you this winter! Your free-as-a-benefit-of-membership professional learning opportunities include book studies, courses, virtual learning communities, webinars, licensure consultations, and the return of the in-person Winter Retreat. Come join us!
To learn about opportunities and events, access details and registration on our Events page. To see the descriptions for all of the opportunities in one place, check out the Winter 2023 Catalog.
Some highlights include:
- Restorative Practices Solution Circle virtual learning community
- Sigh, Gone: A Misfit's Memoir of Great Books, Punk Rock, and the Fight to Fit in book study
- Changeable: How Collaborative Problem Solving Changes Lives at Home, at School, and at Work book study
- Practicing Mindfulness with Students (webinar and 3-week course)
- ESP Course: Facilitating Learning for Adults.
- Ethnic Studies Panel Presentation with three of our partners: Oregon Jewish Museum & Center for Holocaust Education, Oregon Black Pioneers, and Japanese American Museum of Oregon.
- Estrategias para ayudar a desarrollar el lenguaje/Strategies to Develop and Scaffold Language in the Classroom – A webinar we’re holding on two different dates, the first in Spanish the second in English.
- The Winter Recharge Retreat in Newport, Oregon for early career and aspiring educators
- Two courses in the Trauma Informed Educator series
- A community college member-led webinar on gamification
- A film discussion on Picture a Scientist, about the inequalities faced by women in science fields
And more, including season 6 of the member-led OEA Grow podcast. Season 6 is on student-centered curriculum and launches the first week of January.
PDUs available for all opportunities and low-priced graduate and undergraduate available for some courses and book studies ($50 per semester credit).
Questions? Email OEAlearn@oregoned.org