Alert Diverse Oregon Educators: If you fit the definition of “diverse” below, there is a limited opportunity for you to apply and receive reimbursement for certain licensure fees until July 1, 2021.
Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 342.433:
“Diverse” means culturally or linguistically diverse characteristics of a person, including:
- Origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa but is not Hispanic;
- Hispanic culture or origin, regardless of race;
- Origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent or the Pacific Islands;
- Origins in any of the original peoples of North America, including American Indians or Alaskan Natives; or
- A first language that is not English.
Go to this TSPC site for more information and to access the necessary documents: https://www.oregon.gov/tspc/FA...