OEA has a robust program to support members interested in pursuing National Board Certification through the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards. The National Board journey includes professional learning, deep reflection on your current practice, and action research to improve your classroom practices that result in a nationally recognized certification. Many school districts in Oregon also provide an annual salary stipend or a higher placement on the salary schedule for educators who earn this certification. National Board Certification is also a path for Oregon educators to move from a preliminary license to a professional license.
The Five Core Propositions of National Board Certification are:
- Educators are committed to students and their learning.
- Educators know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Educators are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Educators think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- Educators are members of learning communities.
National Board Certification Informational Meetings
Do you have questions about National Board Certification?
- How does Oregon support candidates?
- How do I get started?
Attend an informational meeting to:
- Learn about the new National Board process
- Learn about developing your area of expertise
- Explore new support programs such as OEA’s Jumpstart and on-going candidate cohort support
- Learn about other incentives and graduate credits
Spring Online Informational Meetings
- Apr 13, 2022 4:30 PM
- April 19, 2022 5:00 PM
- Apr 27, 2022 4:30 PM Register
- Apr 28, 2022 5:00 PM Register
- May 4, 2022 4:30 PM Register
- May 5, 2022 5:00 PM Register
- May 11, 2022 5:00 PM Register
- May 19, 2022 5:00 PM Register
- June 1, 2022 4:30 PM Register
- June 3, 2022 4:30 PM Register
For more information please contact OEA members:
Michele Oakes: email@example.com
Heather Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deanna Delgado: email@example.com
Charlotte Galen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Jump Start Seminars
Jump Start Seminars, led by Oregon National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs), are designed to assist OEA and WEA members in their pursuit of NBCT certification. OEA Jump Start is a four-day comprehensive seminar designed to provide National Board candidates with important information about the certification process, time to examine component and Assessment Center requirements, the opportunity to plan how to meet requirements, and time to collaborate, gather resources and information needed to pursue certification. 2022 Jump Start Seminars will be held both virtually and in-person in Bend in June and August. See the registration link below for options!
Questions about Jump Start Seminars? Email Tonia Davis at email@example.com.